So I am setting up some goals for 2012 that I can then break down into my weekly goals. That way the goals aren’t something random I’m picking out of thin air, but will actually go on to accomplish bigger goals for myself and my family. It is so important to set goals for anything in life. Proverbs states that, “Where there is no vision, the people perish” (Proverbs 29:18). Vision is being able to see ahead, and knowing what you want to accomplish when. Vision is having a destination, and without a destination, we wonder around aimlessly feeling pointless and useless. So, I am putting down my goals for various areas of my life, for all the world to see. Then I can break these down every week into something bite-size
Goals for 2012
– Read the Word every day.
– Develop 1 good habit a month.
– Take 1 hour every week, in part or whole, to pamper myself and relax.
– Pray for one country every month, that God leads me to pray for.
– Complete the teaching program with top grades and start teaching.
– Have a date night every month
– Have a time of corporate bible study every week.
– Finish the Sweater of Doom
– Finish one project a month
– Finish at least 1 foot of the Dr Who Scarf a month (I can finish more if I like).
– Write a handwritten note every month to 1 or 2 members of our group.
– Continue tithing from our income.
– Get out of all smaller debt
– Start a payment plan to pay off car debt.
– Create a monthly budget every month due to our fluctuating income.