Ok, bad news first. This has been one heck of a week. Starting Thursday, I pretty much thank God for getting me through.
- My mom called to tell me Thursday that my Uncle was on his way to Richmond with serious heart issues. According to the physician in his local hospital, no one else has lived with a heart rate as fast as what he had. He is home now, and has to go back on Monday for more tests but there are no blockages at least. Massive prayer was going on, and I think we kicked the Devil in the teeth on that one.
- Friday DH leaves me a message that my step-mother-in-law had gone to the hospital ER and at some point while in the ER, her heart stopped. They got it restarted but she is in for a battery of tests to see what’s going on.
- Also Friday my window dropped out of track (they are power windows) in my car, and we had to hurriedly take it to the garage to get it at least temporarily up until they can get the part and actually fix it.
If anything else happened, I was going to crawl under a rock and hide.
OK, now good news.
- We got our new cellphones! Although for some reason I can’t set downloaded ringtones as actual ringtones on my phone, they are pretty nifty and I’m thoroughly enjoying my new electronic toy.
- Magnus’s neuter went well, and he is doing great. He doesn’t act like he is missing much, and is just as playful and happy.
- I’m almost done with the heel flap on my second Pomatomus which means I almost have a complete knit pair.
- Went last night after such a crazy week to hang out with a couple of friends downtown and ended up having a blast! I am so glad I went and I really want to do that again at some point. It really helped me recover from the craziness.
Well, that’s all from my end. We are hopefully having a couple from our church over, with their adorable new baby, for dinner. Otherwise I really think I’ll just knit all day. Something soothing.